As of early 2015, the Headwaters Master Naturalists’ 2014/2015 Focus Project, Monarchs and More!, is taking shape to include five Pollinator Waystations spread over most of our service area.
From north to south:
- Purcell Park, 41 Monument Ave., Harrisonburg
- contact Adrie @ ahvoors[at]gmail.com
- Purcell Park’s website is here.
- Cooks Creek Arboretum, 211 Weeping Willow Lane, Bridgewater
- contact RoxAnna @ roxanna_theiss[at]juno.com
- Bridgewater Parks brochure with Cooks Creek Arboretum is here.
- Natural Chimneys, 94 Natural Chimneys Lane, Mt. Solon
- contact Kelly @ kellrourke[at]yahoo.com
- Natural Chimneys’ website is here.
- Project Grows, 608 Berry Farm Rd., Verona
- contact Ann @ ramurray[at]ntelos.net
- Project Grows’ website is here.
- Frontier Culture Museum, 1290 Richmond Ave., Staunton
- contact Kathy @ kromig11[at]gmail.com
- Frontier Culture Museum’s website is here.
We have webpages for each project site to document progress with notes and photos. Click on the highlighted names above to access these sites.
A big “Show and Tell” meeting was held on January 29, 2015, at Augusta Stone Presbyterian Church: Bring your drawings, dimensions, team and partners, plant wish list, sign parameters and needs. This is the big meeting to make our Monarch Waysides glorious! – Sandy Greene [Sandy’s notes from this meeting are here: M&M! Rally Notes]