by Elizabeth Pass, Cohort VI
for the September 2022 issue of Headwaters Highlights
September. This month brings with it the promise of wonderful things coming:
- a riot of yellows and golds, and oranges, and reds
- crisp days perfect for your favorite sweater
- homemade apple cider, hot or cold it’s tasty
- watching backyard friends store for the winter
And I’m sure you can think of many more wonderful things you look forward to each fall. Here are a few favorite finds I’ve come across that I hope you can use!
Nature & Environmental Blogs & Websites
Here are some of the best nature and environmental blogs and websites for 2022. Browse at your leisure and find the ones you prefer.
As I was rummaging around online in the JMU Library, I came across the Community Seed Library. Huh?! As the page states, “The Community Seed Library is a self-service seed sharing library provided by JMU Libraries and available to all. No library card necessary!”
The Community Seed Library is located at Carrier at JMU, the cabinet in the Main Lobby (to the right of the Service Desk). It is also at the Massanutten Library (Central Branch), the cabinet on the 2nd floor next to the Reference Desk (past the Children’s Section).
– Elizabeth Pass, Cohort VI, for the September 2022 edition of Headwaters Highlights