Photo: Johns Hopkins University Press
Field Guide to Freshwater Fishes of Virginia
Congratulations, Paul E. Bugas, Jr.!
In Field Guide to Freshwater Fishes of Virginia, the foremost experts on Commonwealth fishes bring their decades of field experience to readers, offering a complete reference to the fishes of the entire state of Virginia. Gathering information that until now could only be found scattered across numerous reference works and online databases, this book provides everything you need to know to identify fish families and species in the Virginia region.
Covering how to collect, handle, observe, conserve, and protect these unique fishes, the book’s key features include:
• more than 175 vibrant, full-color illustrations set side by side with descriptions of each fish
• helpful line drawings that depict reliable diagnostic characteristics for field identification
• descriptions of Virginia’s freshwater habitats
• tips on observing fish in the wild and in captivity
• a key to freshwater fish families of Virginia
• up-to-date distribution maps
• a complete glossary of terms
Publication date: September 2019 Pre-ordering is now available!
by Johns Hopkins University Press