Keeping in mind the whole goal is to accurately represent our Chapter activity as a measure of our support of the VMN Program . . . here are the figures with April added.
So what could these figures mean?
• In 2014, April gave us fewer people logging hours showing a bump in the road which probably reflects very busy Spring in 2014.
• In 2015, April gave us a few additional people logging hours and shows that the 2015 trainees are wasting no time getting into the system.
• Trainees in 2014 also experience a lag in logging – probably the same reason – too busy volunteering!
• * Trainees for 2015 had not yet started
• As was hinted in the first bullet point, I also am now realizing these figures can only show a trend. Comparing figures from 2014 to 2015 is problematic as last year’s information could be showing hours entered retroactive to the actual month (hours entered later than the actual activity date can contribute to better percentages for 2014 but not 2015 because there is not much retro entry to accumulate yet. Each of these early 2015 months may look quite different when we catch up with logging our past activity for this year).
The trend is looking better for 2015 with these April figures. We still have some catching up to do. I know how tempting it is when you are super busy with important Chapter work but too long a delay will make it increasingly difficult to catch up. So please, take some time to enter those hours. I know there are administrative hours out there to be logged. If I can help in anyway, please let me know. I have no problem entering hours for you, happy to do it – but only with your permission.
May is coming and here are the numbers we have to beat:
If anyone would care to verify these numbers you are more than welcome to do so – just give me a call and I will send you the spreadsheet and a “how to” document. – RoxAnna Theiss, May 2015